What is a QSR | Takeaway Restaurant in India | Food Delivery Restaurant in India
Quick Service Restaurants is the hot topic of today’s food industry especially in India. This concept is gradually increasing and people are ordering food from restaurants more often due to thier busy lives and tight schedules.
Takeaway | QSR | Food Delivery Restaurant
A Quick Service Restaurant is basically a fast food (quick food) outlet which focuses on providing the food as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Most of the items are already pre-cooked in stock and they are just prepared and served on demand. It is seen to be a good and viable business as the investment is low and the returns are possibly very high.
For example – Our most beloved franchise McDonalds is a QSR. Similarly follows the likes of Subway, KFC, etc. But now the Indian market is booming with new chains into this unexplored segment. Below is an offering of Faasos, which has 15 outlets running across India. Started in 2011, it is one of the early QSR chains established in India.
Other examples of famous Takeaway Restaurants :
Why start a Quick Service Restaurant?
- There is a rising trend of ordering food online to enjoy it at the comfort of your home.
- For many occasions and events such as house parties, people order from takeaway restaurants because they provide filling food for a reasonable price.
- Low investment is required in a single outlet and the return is quite high ranging from 25% to 50% profit margin.
- The managerial skills and experience required is much less as compared to a proper fine dining restaurant. Which means even someone with no experience in food industry can handle the business.
- There are many food delivery partners offering their services in India – Swiggy, Zomato, FoodPanda that makes your job even easier and smooth.
- You do not require additional expenditures such as furniture, interiors, etc.
Overall it’s a good business plan with low investment and high return.
Most of the well known QSRs operate on franchise model because its easier to expand and grow. The consistency is also easy to maintain because of the standardised procedure of production.
To know more about franchise opportunities in India for QSRs, read here.